What Is PMA
PMA looks like and is being sold as Ecstasy. The effects are very similar to E but PMA is much stronger and can cause a fatal rise in body temperature. The effects of PMA take longer to happen. Some users have taken a fatal overdose by mistakenly taking pill after pill thinking nothing is happening.
PMA is usually a white pressed tablet. They’re often underscored, 7mm in diameter and 6mm thick. They weigh about 230mg. Unusually thick compared to ecstasy, they’ve been nicknamed ‘double stacked’. Like Ecstasy, PMA is swallowed. Not enough is known about the purity of PMA. If it’s being sold as Ecstasy it’s likely the pills are being cut with cheaper ingredients like amphetamine, caffeine and starch. PMA is much stronger than Ecstasy and may be mixed with it.
Effects And Risks Of PMA
Effects Of Taking PMA:
- Similar to Ecstasy.
- As little as a quarter of a tablet (60mg) is enough to significantly increase blood pressure, body temperature and pulse rates.
- PMA can cause muscle spasms and lots of people feel very sick after taking it.
Risks Of Taking PMA:
- The long term risks associated with PMA have yet to be studied but they’re likely to be similar to Ecstasy.
- PMA is stronger than Ecstasy so the risk of overheating is much greater. If you feel your temperature soaring on the dance floor seek help immediately.
- PMA affects the body’s temperature control. Dancing for long periods in a hot atmosphere increases the chances of overheating and dehydration. Make sure you take regular breaks from the dance floor to cool down. Watch out for your mates. People can get so out of their faces they don’t realise they’re in danger of overheating or getting dehydrated. Reduce the risks by sipping more than pint of non-alcoholic fluid every hour.
- Be careful – drinking too much can be dangerous or even fatal. The drug can cause the body to release a hormone which prevents the production of urine. This means that if you drink a few pints of liquid too quickly, it interferes with your body’s salt balance which can be as deadly as not drinking enough water.
- Anyone using too much can get paranoid and depressed.
- Some long-term users report getting colds, flu and sore throats more often. But then staying awake for 24 hours is always going to give your immune system a battering.
- Anyone with a heart condition, blood pressure problems, epilepsy or asthma can have a very dangerous reaction to the drug.
- Not enough is known about the effects PMA can have on pregnancy and the developing foetus.
Is PMA Addictive
It’s not addictive but it is possible to build up a tolerance which means people take more and more to get the same buzz.
PMA And The Law
PMA and PMMA are both Class A drugs – illegal to have, give away or sell. Possession can get you up to seven years in jail. Supplying someone else with it can get you life and an unlimited fine.
Fact: Passing drugs among friends is supplying in the eyes of the law.
Fact: Some countries refuse visas to people with drug convictions.
Fact: A drug conviction could stand between you and your ideal job.